Take part in our top summer experiences
Come experience summer in Boundary Country. Here are some of our top summer experiences we think you’ll enjoy.
- Hike or bike our heritage trails that wind throughout Boundary Country, including Big White.
- Pan for gold in the Kettle River, near Rock Creek
- Explore the north shore of Christina Lake in a kayak or canoe. Discover ancient pictographs left by the Sinixt First Nation centuries ago
- Go for a dip or paddle in peace and quiet at Jewel Lake where motorized watercraft are restricted
- Ride single track, free-style or cross-country on trails that stretch from Rock Creek to Christina Lake
- Rent a cabin, a campsite and extend a day trip into a week-long adventure at Christina Lake or Jewel Lake Resort
- Welcome summer back at the annual Christina Lake Homecoming Summerfest every July. Rent a pontoon boat and explore in comfort.
- Plunge into Kettle River Recreation Area’s famous swimming holes on a warm summer day
- Celebrate Canada’s smallest city at Greenwood’s annual Founder’s Day Celebration
- Watch a future All Star player in the making at the annual Grand Forks International Baseball Tournament
- Check out our great music festivals including: Groove Music Festival, in Midway; the Ponderosa Arts & Music Festival in Rock Creek; the Sky High Blues Festival in Rock Creek; and Cannafest in Grand Forks.
- Explore Phoenix Mountain’s interpretive forest by mountain bike. Come and search for remnants of our copper-mining past
- Take a self-guided walking tour of Greenwood’s colourful heritage buildings
- Let the scent of fresh baked coming from outdoor ovens lure you in. Visit the Boundary Museum where Doukhobor stories come to life in a collection of interpretive exhibits and events.
- Explore our western roots. Join a cattle drive. You can also live like a rancher for a day at PV Ranch
- Dig crystals on a Rock Candy Mine safari. Uncover quartz crystal geodes, and maybe some green and purple fluorite
- Go on a back road adventure. Scout out artist’s studios and galleries on the annual Columbia Basin Culture Tour
- Wander the Kettle River Arts Festival each July and August. It’s another way to discover new artists and their inspired works
- Connect with other riders. Check-out a roster of live music acts at the annual Rock Creek Boogie Bash during the BC Day long weekend
- Experience the very best of rural BC at the Grand Forks Fall Fair an August; a tradition since 1910. In addition, there’s the Rock Creek Fall Fair in September.
- Take a swing, golfing at courses between Rock Creek and Midway and at Christina Lake
- Book the guesthouse at the Old Cowboy Ranch in Westbridge. In the winter, spend the weekend sledding acre upon acre of Crown lands surrounding the ranch
Here are our Top Winter Experiences