Baldy Mountain Top Experiences
- Snowshoe on groomed trails
- Toboggan with family and friends
- Take a March or Christmas kid and adult camp program. Great for the whole family
- Go on a guided snowshoeing tour with the Baldy Babes
- Learn how to ski and snowboard with lessons at Baldy Snow School
- Choose from easy, difficult and advanced runs
- Enjoy a game of Frisbee golf in the warmer months
- Hike the snowshoe trails in the spring and fall
- Take part in the Baldy Marathon, a scenic run through wine country in the fall
Good to Know Before You Go
- There is a day lodge open during the ski season
- Baldy is family-friendly, with over 50% of all visitor being families with children
- Accommodation on the mountain is limited to VRBO, most people stay in Oliver or Osoyoos. Cabins are currently being built
- In the spring, it is possible to ski and golf in the same day
- Road access to Baldy is from Hwy 33 west of Rock Creek, from Hwy 3 north of Bridesville, and off Hwy 97 via McKinney Road from Oliver
Come and enjoy four seasons of fun on Baldy Mountain at the Baldy Mountain Ski Resort. Located 30 minutes from Bridesville, 50 minutes from Midway and 45 minutes from Oliver and Osoyoos. This family-friendly mountain is yours to explore. Mount Baldy is an old volcano and is perfectly situated in the middle of the Wine Capital of Canada. Baldy is the optimal place for a getaway in all four seasons. When you tire of the mountain, you can go taste some of the world’s best wines.
In the warmer months, lace up your hiking boots for a summer adventure. In the winter, head up to mountain for some ear to ear grins and untracked pillowy lines of fresh powder.
Baldy Mountain Winter Discover More
This small resort is perfect for a beginner, an expert, or the entire family. Baldy boasts 75% beginner to intermediate terrain and world-class grooming. They even have a red seal chef, and a supportive community that makes you feel like you have come home. Ski, snowboard, or take a ride through the terrain park. Walk through the woods on snowshoes or ski the cross-country trails. Get out with the whole family and toboggan with the kids. After it is all done, enjoy some great food and entertainment in the Baldy Bar.
Baldy is 2310 m (7580 vertical ft) above sea level and is a magnet for fresh powder – about 6.5 m (21 ft) worth each year! They are open five days a week, (closed Tuesday and Wednesday) and open seven days a week over the Christmas Holiday season.
The Baldy Mountain Ski Resort’s performance-level rental fleet is professionally tuned. Baldy also follows the industry leading terrain based learning model. Baldy’s design creates a fun and engaging environment for kids and get families riding together.
Mount Baldy is a hidden gem that celebrates the outdoor environment. The resort values people and the timeless spirit of skiing and mountain play. Come and experience Baldy for yourself!
You can stay in Oliver or Osoyoos while you’re there on your ski trip. See their website for more accommodation information.
Baldy Mountain Summer Discover More
Come hike Baldy Mountain. It’s about 10 degrees cooler up here than down in the valley. It’s the ideal temperature during hot Okanagan summer days. There are 20 km of marked snowshoe trails, perfect for hiking. Near the top of Baldy Mountain, you’ll find stunning views of the Okanagan Valley and the USA.
Explore Baldy Mountain and have fun playing Frisbee golf, or simply enjoy being among the wildlife and amazing landscapes. You can also get in some great stargazing here. Bring a blanket and gaze the night away.
There are some new and exciting things coming to Baldy Mountain in the summer! See their website for updated information.
In the fall, come and Run the Baldy Marathon. No, you don’t have to run up the mountain. You can choose from the Full Marathon, 20k, 10k or a Kid’s Run along the Okanagan River. Your Baldy Marathon race fee also includes full entry into the Festival of the Grape. Be sure to take advantage of the Stay & Play packages for all your accommodation needs.