Top Big White Summer Experiences
- The L’Alpe de Grand Blanc runs in the summer and is a 58.4 km bike race from Kelowna to Big White.
- Craft & Country Festival is just what it sounds like. Great music, beer tastings and crafts, all on top of a mountain.
- Annual Bike, Hike, Beverage Weekend CiderFest on the August long weekend with races, bike demos, a kids carnival, cider tastings and of course, the annual hiking event.
Grab a trail map and follow the brightly coloured Inukshuks from the trailhead as they mark the route. You can hike/walk from the village to Rhonda Lake and loop back to the village again.
There’s more to Big White in the summer than enjoying the great outdoors. Go shopping in the Village Centre Mall, or enjoy summer treats from the various cafes and restaurants around the mountain.
After a day in the mountains, kick back and relax at one of the cafes/restaurants/pubs open during the summer or have Vacation Food Services deliver your groceries right to your door. It’s all in a day’s enjoyment at Big White.
There are several events planned at Big White throughout the year and summer is no exception. Bike races, festivals, and hike and bike events are yours to enjoy. For events happening during your stay, check out the events section of the Big White website.
Good to Know Before You Go
- There is no smoking on hiking trails or the lift. Smoke in designated areas only.
- Protect your skin. Bring sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat and bug spray.
- Weather conditions can and do vary from moment to moment — dress in layers.
- Pack a whistle, the sound will carry further than your voice should you need help.
- Pack proper footwear, hiking trails have loose gravel and uneven surfaces.
- Hiking at higher elevations is a lot harder than walking in the valley. Bring snacks and water with you.
- Dogs are allowed but only on a leash.
- This is bear country and you are in their home. Hike in groups whenever possible. For more information on bear safety go to the Bear Smart BC site.