Top Big White Winter Experiences
- Dog sled tours are a truly Canadian experience. Give it a try!
- Oh what fun it is to ride in a horse drawn sleigh! Bundle up and enjoy a steamy mug of hot chocolate as you explore the snow-covered forest trains.
- Climb a 18.5 m (60 ft) ice tower. Beginner to advanced options are available. Big White provides the climbing gear… you bring your camera!
- Tours, and more tours! Snowshoe tours, Snowmobile tours, and Dogsled tours are yours for the asking.
- Alpine skiing is at its best at Big White. Explore 2,765 acres of skiable terrain for skiers of all abilities.
- It’s a snowboarder’s paradise at Big White! The TELUS Terrain Park has a snow cross course, rail park, mini-pipe, night riding and more!
- Don’t let the sun going down stop you! Big White has night skiing Tuesday to Saturday.
- There are over 25 km (15.5 mi) of combined Nordic and Wilderness trails perfect for cross country skiing and snowshoeing.
- The Mega Snow Coaster Tube Park has five specially groomed lanes that allow thrill seekers of all ages to enjoy a high speed ride down the slopes, and it’s open at night!
Welcome to Our Winter Wonderland
Big White truly is a winter wonderland. The area is well known for its champagne powder and family friendly fun. Trip Advisor awarded Big White with their certificate of excellence in 2015. Ski Canada Magazine called Sun Rype Bowl the #2 of “Awesome Deep Powder Runs in Canada.”
It’s known as one of the best 10 ski resorts for people who don’t ski. Big White is the gold winner of Best Ski Hill from Best of Kelowna. It continually ranks as one of the top ski resorts in the world by several associations, groups and magazines dating back to 1998.
From challenging terrain to warm hospitality and world-class restaurants, everyone finds something to praise about Big White. Come and find out what all the fuss is about.
Eat, Drink and be Merry!
After a day in the mountains, kick back and relax at one of the many cafes/restaurants/pubs or have Vacation Food Services bring your food right to your door. It’s all in a day’s enjoyment at Big White.
There many events planned at Big White throughout the year and winter is exceptionally busy with things to do for the whole family. Après ski, family events, festivals, competitions, food and beverage events, and holidays to name a few. They are celebrated in a way that ensures you make the most of your visit. Plenty of free activities are also scheduled to entertain the kids throughout the week. For events happening during your stay, check out the events section of the Big White website.
Let it Snow!
Accumulated snowfall and weather information at Big White is all online. Check the snow report, the grooming report, park conditions, lift status, the weather forecast and Doppler weather with a click of a button. There are also nine webcams throughout the resort so you can see the weather live, as it happens.
Good to Know Before You Go
- There is no smoking on the lift. Smoke in designated areas only.
- Protect your skin. Bring sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Wear appropriate winter clothing, including boots with a good grip and warm gloves.
- Weather conditions on a mountain are unpredictable – dress in layers.
- Pack a whistle; the sound will carry further than your voice should you need help.
- There are several ski and board schools at Big White, including private lessons, adult lessons, and programs for children and teens.
- Shuttles are available on the mountain.
- The village at Big White really is a winter wonderland that can supply you with many of your clothing, equipment, food and beverage needs.