small resort hospitality – big resort runs
Top Baldy Mountain Experiences
- Snowshoe on groomed trails
- Toboggan with family and friends
- Take a March or Christmas kid and adult camp program. Great for the whole family
- Go on a guided snowshoeing tour with the Baldy Babes
- Learn how to ski and snowboard with lessons at Baldy Snow School
- Choose from easy, difficult and advanced runs
- Enjoy a game of Frisbee golf in the warmer months
- Hike the snowshoe trails in the spring and fall
- Take part in the Baldy Marathon, a scenic run through wine country in the fall
Good to know before you go
- There is a day lodge open during the ski season
- Baldy is family-friendly, with over 50% of all visitor being families with children
- Accommodation on the mountain is limited to VRBO, most people stay in Oliver or Osoyoos. Cabins are currently being built
- In the spring, it is possible to ski and golf in the same day
- Road access to Baldy is from Hwy 33 west of Rock Creek, from Hwy 3 north of Bridesville, and off Hwy 97 via McKinney Road from Oliver
Four seasons of fun await you on Baldy Mountain at the Baldy Mountain Resort. Located 30 minutes from Bridesville, 50 minutes from Midway, and 45 minutes from Oliver and Osoyoos. This family-friendly mountain is yours to explore and is perfectly situated in the middle of the Wine Capital of Canada. Baldy is the optimal place for a getaway in all four seasons. If you tire of the mountain, you can go taste world-class wines with amazing scenery.
In the warmer months, Baldy Mountain is a hikers playground with plenty to explored. In the winter, ear-to-ear grins are abound due to the untracked pillowy lines of fresh powder waiting to be carved up.
Contrary to popular belief, Mount Baldy is not a sleeping volcano. While there was magma involved eons ago, it cooled beneath the surface and did not erupt. Instead, the solidified magma was pushed upwards by shifting tectonic plates.
Baldy Mountain Winter
Baldy Mountain Resort is a family resort, perfectly suited for beginners, experts, and anybody in between. The hill boasts 75% beginner to intermediate terrain and top tier grooming. The Resort even has a red seal chef to please even the most exquisite palates. Walk through the woods on snowshoes or ski the cross-country trails. Get out with the whole family and toboggan with the kids. After it is all done, enjoy some great food and entertainment in the Baldy Bar.
Baldy is 2310 m (7580 vertical ft) above sea level and is a magnet for fresh powder – about 6.5 m (21 ft) worth each year! They are open five days a week, (closed Tuesday and Wednesday) and open seven days a week over the Christmas Holiday season.
Baldy Mountain Summer
Come hike Baldy Mountain. It’s about 10 degrees cooler up here than down in the valley. In other words, it’s the ideal temperature during hot Okanagan summer days. There is 20 km of marked snowshoe trails, perfect for hiking. Near the top of Baldy Mountain, you’ll find stunning views of the Okanagan Valley and the USA.
Explore Baldy Mountain and have fun playing Frisbee golf, or simply enjoy being among the wildlife and amazing landscapes. You can also get in some great stargazing here. Bring a blanket and gaze the night away.