Taste the Flavours of Boundary Country
Gather around the table at a Boundary restaurant with family and friends. Discover the flavours of Boundary Country. Try a bowl of borscht. Dining out is all about discovering the uniqueness of local cuisine, new flavour combinations, old recipes prepared with a contemporary twist, and sharing those experiences with friends and family.
Discover Boundary Country’s regional specialties served with a heaping dose of local charm. Family recipes often grace our tables, where you’ll find old-world dishes made the Doukhobor way, paired with more modern trends, many locally sourced in the farm-to-table tradition. Each of our communities has its own distinct flavour. Select any of the links below to discover what’s on the menu in Grand Forks, Christina Lake, Greenwood, Midway and Rock Creek.
Find the Right Restaurant
- Like borscht? You’ll love it here! Lucy’s homemade borscht, steaming espresso, free wifi, art and conversation are always on the menu at Joga’s Espresso in Grand Forks. There’s some mighty delicious borscht at the Borscht Bowl too!
- The Wooden Spoon and The Thyme and Plate in Grand Forks are great places to grab a bite to eat.
- For Russian cuisine, try the Omega Restaurant.
- Sushi Ocean Dream Japanese Restaurant is located at the Ramada in Grand Forks.
- Like board games? Then you’ll love the Board Room Cafe, which is a popular spot for youth and adults alike, with unique offerings to play board games, and come together.
- Baked good abounds in Grand Forks. There are many bakeries, including Marvelous Munchies, 3rd Street Bakery, Pascale’s Baked Goods and The Wooden Spoon.
- Dine out in BC’s oldest CPR railway station in its original location at the Station Pub and Columbia Grill Dining Room in Grand Forks. Sample a hearty pub and grill menu while exploring the extensive collection of railway memorabilia, each with its own story to tell.
- Stop in for a burger and ice cream at Tastie Treat — it’s a Grand Forks summer tradition over 50 years in the making.
- Eat-in or take out, Lisa’s Lakehouse is the hot spot for dining at Christina Lake. If homemade, casual fare at breakfast, lunch and dinner is what you’re after, this is the spot. Make a memorable trip Friday for Karaoke.
- Golf and dine at both the restaurant at the Christina Lake Golf Course and Dueling Oaks Restaurant at the Cascade Par 3 Golf Course. Set in the Kettle Valley with black sands, tall Ponderosa Pines, right alongside the Kettle River.
- Boundary’s only waterfront restaurant is the Christina Lake Marina Grill. They have a giant chessboard to play on and a great patio overlooking Christina Lake.
- Smoochies Brewing Company, which is also featuring a Gelato Bar.
- The Pony Espresso, located in the Christina Lake Welcome Centre, has great coffee and food.
- Try the taco trucks (Taco Bella and Take Our Tacos) set up at various locations in Christina Lake.
- Catch up on the latest town news at Greenwood’s Copper Eagle Cappuccino and Bakery. A “must stop” for freshly baked treats, homemade sandwiches and some great stories.
- The Deadwood Grille at Greenwood’s Deadwood Junction was voted the very best burgers in Boundary Country. You decide if they’re right! Just a coffee-ride away from Osoyoos or Grand Forks, Deadwood Junction is a must-stop along Highway 3.
- The MineShaft Restaurant and Pub is a great place in Greenwood. While you’re there, pop into their two more contemporary restaurants: Hells Bells and the Anaconda cafe – both unique stops with great food.
- The Mile Zero Restaurant in Midway features daily specials, weekend brunch, and it’s family-friendly.
- Rock Creek’s Trading Post Café is housed in a former Chinese Laundry, one of the oldest buildings in town. Open every day in summer and Monday to Friday in winter, today you’ll find fair trade coffee, baked goods (including gluten-free) made in-house, hearty lunches and pure Boundary Country hospitality.
- Over in Bridesville, make sure you try out the Su Casa Mexican Cafe.