Top Festivals & Events
We have year-round events for all to enjoy. Pick your season and then come visit and celebrate with us!
- Celebrate the snow at Greenwood’s annual WinterFest on the Valentine’s Day weekend in February
- Kick off the holiday season at the annual Wine Tasting at Gallery 2 at the Grand Forks Heritage Arts Centre in November
- Also in November in the Craft Fair in Greenwood hosted by the Greenwood Public Library
- Watch a future All Star player in the making at the Grand Forks International Baseball Tournament.
- BMX tournament in Grand Forks in July
- Welcome summer back at the annual Christina Lake Homecoming Summerfest every July
- Celebrate Canada’s smallest city in July at Greenwood’s Founder’s Day Celebration
- Canada Rock Fest (previously Cannafest) in Grand Forks in August is an immersive three-day classic rock music festival featuring some of the most legendary names in rock and roll!
- Taps and Tapas in August at the Grand Forks Art Gallery 2
- Connect with other riders and check-out a roster of live music acts. In August, the annual Rock Creek Boogie Bash is held during the BC Day long weekend
- The Grand Forks Fall Fair has been an August tradition since 1910
- Play in the Kettle River and sun all day, rock out to live bands from all around BC at night during the Ponderosa Arts & Music Festival in Rock Creek in late August. No event in 2019 but back again in 2020.
- In September, experience the very best of rural BC at the Rock Creek Fall Fair and take is some great live music.
Reasons to Celebrate
Any day in Boundary Country is a reason to celebrate. We’ve got a few ways that are a little more significant than all the rest. Slow dance to cool blues tunes and shake your groove thing in the bush or down by the river. Pull up a lawn chair and cheer on your favourite ball team. While you’re here, come and jam out to live music at our summer festivals.
Maybe you’d like to compete in livestock competitions at our fall fairs. There’s also lots of community concerts. So come and meet the locals and join in the fun! We have an entire calendar of special occasions to celebrate; here are just some of the highlights!
Grand Forks Invitational Baseball Tournament
Sit in the stands or bring your lawn chair and plenty of sunscreen to cheer on your favourite team. Nosh on hot-dogs…call out “batter, batter, batter UP” as loud as you can. Experience firsthand the sense of camaraderie that occurs when a community comes together at this decades old event.
In 1975, the Grand Forks International Baseball Tournament was born, and Grand Forks became home to what is recognized by many as one of the best tournaments of its kind in North America. It’s the richest invitational baseball tournament in North America and hosts 10 teams for seven days of play starting the last last week of June.
It’s great baseball and the ballpark atmosphere is second to none. On site are the Hardball Café and Right Field Tavern. The GFI Hall of Fame provides the fans with past history and interesting displays. Then there is Free GFI Bingo during every game with great prizes to be won, Kids Run the Bases and much more. Fun for the whole family!
Christina Lake Homecoming Summerfest — Christina Lake — July
The water’s not the only thing warm about Christina Lake. So is the hospitality, and never more so than during the annual Christina Lake Homecoming Summer Festival.
Rekindle your favourite summer memories of the lake, or create new ones. Come celebrate local talent, and arts and culture at the water’s edge. Have fun at the markets, the family beach party, the beach volleyball tournament and the boat parade. Try a new water sport for the first time, discover emerging artists and fill up on BBQ in a warm welcome to summer at the lake.
Founder’s Day — Greenwood — July
Celebrate Canada’s smallest city at Greenwood’s annual Founder’s Day festivities. Kick off the morning with a pancake breakfast and then watch the parade as it floats by. Try your hand at gold panning or pie eating. It’s up to you! Immerse yourself in our small city culture and discover a warm celebration that’s authentically Boundary Country!
Celebrate the Arts — District-wide — July and August
Creativity in every form is celebrated at art festivals and events throughout Boundary Country. Connect with the artisans who’ve come from near and far to showcase their work at the Kettle River Festival of the Arts each July and August.
Boogie Bash — Rock Creek — August
You’ll hear their roar, long before you see the bikes roll into Rock Creek celebrating the BC Day long weekend and the annual Boogie Bash. Join in the fun, down by the river at the Rock Creek Fair Grounds. A fundraising weekend for Interior British Columbia Association for Injured Motorcyclists, it’s a great way to connect with other riders, listen to a full line-up of live musical acts, camp, bike games, organized poker run, beverage gardens, food and product vendors, stay up late, and raise money for a good cause.
Fall Fairs — Rock Creek & Grand Forks (September)
The changing colours of the trees signals the start to fall fair season and here in Boundary Country, we’ve got a couple of legendary events to celebrate life on the farm — the Grand Forks Fall Fair and Rock Creek Fall Fair.
Dine on your favourite fair food. If it’s hot and comes on a stick, all the better. Laugh along to the greased pig and other livestock competitions. Come cheer on your favourites. Marvel at the mastery of a gymkhana event and two-step to some fine country tunes. You will probably end up rubbing shoulders with the locals. Vote for your favourite pie, or enter your own in the competition. Experience the very best of rural BC at either one of our fall fairs. It doesn’t get much more local than this!
Wine Tasting — Grand Forks — November
Kick off the holiday season at Gallery 2 of the Grand Forks Heritage Arts Centre for the annual Wine Tasting Fundraiser. Stroll the gallery’s archival photography and pop up to view the current art exhibits. Sample wine made from the Kootenay, Okanagan and Similkameen regions. You can also try our BC craft beer, locally roasted coffees, and savoury hors d’oeuvres. Come and indulge in the arts as we raise funds for the gallery.
When travelling in Boundary Country, look for a comprehensive list of weekly events, activities and festivals posted at area Visitor Centres, tourism businesses, RV parks and also at campgrounds.