At 9:30 am on April 23, 2021, the Provincial Government announced that non-essential travel outside of one’s health authority with not be permitted.
Below is a tool kit for the Tourism industry, primarily related to the accommodation sector to provide the industry with a consistent message and some direction on how to proceed for the next 5 weeks.
In anticipation of this announcement, industry partners at Destination BC, Tourism Industry Association of BC, BC Regional Tourism Secretariat, and Indigenous Tourism BC – have developed a communications toolkit for Accommodators and Tourism Operators to communicate these changes to guests, staff, and stakeholders.
The communications toolkit includes key messaging, a Q&A, and other resources to ensure the industry is better positioned to handle these restrictions.
While it seems counter-intuitive to support a travel ban, it critical for industry partners to accept the role of educating travellers to see domestic travel resume by summertime.
Kinds of Questions Answered in the Toolkit:
- What travel is restricted?
- Am I required to cancel or deny bookings?
- How will the order be enforced?
- What should I say if I’m asked by someone if their plans or activities are allowed?
- What is considered essential travel?
- Are there any new restrictions on types of activities or where they can be done?
- How do Tourism Operators handle refunds for cancellations?
- Are there financial supports to help Tourism Operators while these restrictions are in place?
Thank you for your continued resilience. Keep safe!