New health measures introduced for all the Interior Health region
Interior Health (IH) is introducing new public health orders covering the entire Interior Health region to manage COVID-19 activity.
Effective at midnight August 20th, 2021:
- Masks are mandatory in all indoor public spaces for people 12 years and older.
- Low-intensity indoor group exercise is permitted to a maximum 10 people per class. High intensity indoor group exercise is not permitted.
- Outdoor group exercise is permitted up to 50 people per class.
Effective Monday, August 23rd at 8 am:
- Gatherings in vacation rentals are limited to five guests or one additional household.
- Indoor personal gatherings are limited to ten guests or one other household.
- Outdoor personal gatherings (e.g. birthday parties, backyard BBQs, block parties) are limited to no more than 50 people.
- Organized indoor gatherings (e.g. weddings, funerals, seated events) are limited to 50 people, and outdoors gatherings are limited to 100 people, both requiring a COVID-19 safety plan.
The previous orders for central Okanagan food and liquor establishments remain in place. These measures will remain in place until the end of September and Interior Health experiences lower cases and higher vaccination rates. TIABC has heard from industry partners concerned about the new directives, specifically as it relates to the impact on tourism operators. We will be meeting with the government next week to discuss support and other measures needed to mitigate the impact of these restrictions.
Learn more here