Temporary access to homes near Mt. Baldy for Nk’Mip Creek Wildfire evacuees
The Regional District of Kootenay Boundary Emergency Operation Centre in cooperation with the BC Wildfire Service has arranged for residents under evacuation order in the Mt. Baldy area of Electoral Area E/West Boundary to access their properties on August 12.
Access will be provided with the following conditions:
- Access for full-time Mt. Baldy residents only
- One person per household
- Access to gather essential items or undertake essential tasks at homes
- Proof of residency will be required
- Two access windows are available: 7:00 to 9:00 a.m. or 9:00 to 11:00 am.
- Access could be revoked at any time if fire activity increases
- Residents are asked to turn off all running water when they leave their property, including any sprinklers
Residents wishing to access their full- time Mt.Baldy property can register by calling 1-888-747-9119.
For more information visit the RDKB Information Bulletin here.