The Regional District Kootenay Boundary (RDKB) has contracted the Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association (TOTA) to administer the Municipal Regional District Tax Funds (MRDT) on behalf of the tourism industry in Boundary Country.
Your local contact is Cindy Alblas, Boundary Country Tourism Stakeholder Liaison 250-447-9771 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tourism related activities for 2019 are listed below with the MRDT Budget leveraged with DBC Funding for MRDT Funds:
- Research – Program Underway
- Photography – Planned for Summer and Fall Shoots
- Seasonal digital campaigns through online ads and social media promoting boundarybc.com – Spring and Fall Campaigns
- Advertising (online and print options to be confirmed)
- Brand Alignment (Boundary Country window decals and social media cards)
- Consumer Shows – March 2019
- Trail Maps – project and timing to be determined
- Professional Development Workshop – April 2019
A summary of proposed projects presented to the industry for consultation can be viewed here.
You can receive regular emails with links back to this Boundary Country News Centre to keep current with what is happening in tourism in Boundary Country.
If you have any questions please contact the Project Manager, Simone Carlysle-Smith of the Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association 778-721-5448 email@example.com