The Regional District Kootenay Boundary (RDKB) has contracted the Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association (TOTA) to administer the Municipal Regional District Tax Funds (MRDT) on behalf of the tourism industry in Boundary Country.
TOTA is collaborating with local contractor Cindy Alblas, our Boundary Country Tourism Stakeholder Liaison. Contact 250-447-9771 email@example.com
Tourism related activities for 2019 are listed below with the MRDT Budget leveraged with DBC Funding for MRDT Funds:
- Research – Baseline 2018 data compared to 2019 data by month, season and year
- Photography – Planned for Summer and Fall Shoots
- Seasonal digital campaigns through online ads promoting boundarybc.com – Summer 2019 and Second Campaign timing to be determined
- Advertising (online, billboard signage and print)
- Brand Alignment (Boundary Country window decals, social media cards, merchandise/SWAG)
- Consumer Shows – March & May 2019
- Professional Development Workshop – May 2019
- Trail Maps – project and timing to be determined – Spring 2020
A summary of proposed projects presented to the industry for consultation can be viewed here.
You can receive regular emails with links back to this Boundary Country News Centre to keep current with what is happening in tourism in Boundary Country.
If you have any questions please contact the Project Manager, Simone Carlysle-Smith of the Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association 778-721-5448 firstname.lastname@example.org