The Regional District Kootenay Boundary (RDKB) has contracted the Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association (TOTA) to administer the Municipal Regional District Tax Funds (MRDT) on behalf of the tourism industry in Boundary Country.
TOTA is collaborating with local contractor Cindy Alblas, our Boundary Country Tourism Stakeholder Liaison. Contact 250-447-9771 email@example.com
Tourism related activities for 2020 are listed below with the MRDT Budget leveraged with DBC Funding. Final budget to be completed in February 2020 after additional cooperative marketing funds are confirmed by Destination BC. Review the full plan.
Key highlights of the plan are:
- Expand professional development to include a local FAM tour as well as partnering and packaging opportunities for local stakeholders to work together
- Promote new Destination BC workshops for digital readiness and Experience Design
- Continue the research program partnership and encourage the accommodation sector to record postal codes and zip codes of their customers for market analysis
- Commence a vision plan and next steps and a new event in 2023
- Create new trail maps (basic info by area)
- Update content on a select number of trail signs
- Continue marketing with the Boundary BC.com call-to-action with advertising, two seasonal digital campaigns, new blogs on the website, two consumer shows, and acquire images to promote Boundary Country
- Maintain stakeholder communications, industry resources on the website for operators and outreach
- Continue partnership with the RDKB application to Destination BC to leverage cooperative marketing funds levering MRDT funds
You can receive regular emails with links back to this Boundary Country News Centre to keep current with what is happening in tourism in Boundary Country.
If you have any questions please contact the Project Manager, Simone Carlysle-Smith of the Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association 778-721-5448 firstname.lastname@example.org