Discover the many ways to explore boundary country in winter
Top Winter Experiences
- Spend a day on the slopes at Big White, then relax in the village
- Explore the quiet solitude of the Trans Canada Trail in winter cross-country skiing or snowshoeing
- Learn to ski on the quiet, gentle slopes at Phoenix Mountain community ski hill
- Angle for trout, small-mouth bass or mountain whitefish, ice-fishing Jewel Lake or Christina Lake
- Head up to Baldy Mountain Resort for some family ski fun
- Sled the snowy alpine bowls to Pass Creek east of Christina Lake
- Snowboard at the Telus Terrain Park at Big White
- Play a pick-up game of shinny, or take some turns on the outdoor rink, skating at Jewel Lake
- Explore Midway’s trail system on snowshoes or cross-country skis
- Book the guesthouse at the Old Cowboy Ranch in Westbridge and spend the weekend sledding acre upon acre of Crown lands surrounding the ranch
Snow Much Fun
Discover why the people of Boundary Country are proud to call this wonderful region home. Winter recreation is in abundance, and those wide, open spaces are just outside of our backdoor. Stay active and shred, sled, ride, or glide your way through the region! Pick up an old hobby, or try to find a new one. The frozen lakes, snowy slopes and valleys just waiting to be explored by you. Ski, snowmobile, skate, or sled – find your excitement! Hike or cross-country ski your local section of The Trans Canada Trail or head up to one of the local ski hills at Big White, Phoenix Mountain and Mount Baldy.
As you know, life is a little slower in the Boundary Country winter. This makes it the perfect time to escape or retreat with those in your bubble. A local snowy cabin experience could be just what you need to fix that feeling of being stuck at home! Find a temporary ‘home base’ and carry out your favourite Boundary winter fun in a new, refreshing light.