Take part in our top summer experiences
Come experience summer in Boundary Country. Here are some of our top summer experiences we think you’ll enjoy.
- Hike or bike our heritage trails that wind throughout Boundary Country, including Big White
- Ride single track, free-style or cross-country on trails that stretch from Rock Creek to Christina Lake
- Pan for gold in the Kettle River, near Rock Creek
- Explore Phoenix Mountain’s interpretive forest by mountain bike. Come and search for remnants of our copper-mining past
- Take a self-guided walking tour of Greenwood’s colourful heritage buildings
- Dig crystals on a Rock Candy Mountain safari. Uncover quartz crystal geodes, and maybe some green and purple fluorite
- One of our top summer experiences is to explore our ranches and go on trail rides of this beautiful valley.
- Book the guesthouse at the Old Cowboy Ranch in Westbridge. In the winter, spend the weekend sledding acre upon acre of Crown lands surrounding the ranch
- Take a swing, golfing at courses between Rock Creek and Midway and at Christina Lake
- Let the scent of fresh baked coming from outdoor ovens lure you in. Visit the Boundary Museum where Doukhobor stories come to life in a collection of interpretive exhibits and events.
- Explore the north shore of Christina Lake in a kayak or canoe. Discover ancient pictographs left by our original inhabitants and visiting tribes centuries ago
- Go for a dip or paddle in peace and quiet at Jewel Lake where motorized watercraft are restricted
- Rent a pontoon boat and explore Christina Lake in comfort
- Rent a cabin or a campsite and extend a day trip into a week-long adventure at Christina Lake or Jewel Lake Resort
- Plunge into Kettle River Recreation Area’s famous swimming holes on a warm summer day
Celebrations and Events
- Welcome summer back at the annual Christina Lake Homecoming Summerfest every July.
- Celebrate Canada’s smallest city at Greenwood’s annual Founder’s Day Celebration
- Watch a future All Star player in the making at the annual Grand Forks International Baseball Tournament
- Check out our great music festivals including: Groove Music Festival, in Midway; the Ponderosa Arts & Music Festival in Rock Creek; the Sky High Blues Festival in Rock Creek; and Titans of Rock (previously CannaFest) in Grand Forks.
- Wander the Kettle River Arts Festival each July and August. It’s another way to discover new artists and their inspired works
- Connect with other riders. Check-out a roster of live music acts at the annual Rock Creek Boogie Bash during the BC Day long weekend
- Experience the very best of rural BC at the Grand Forks Fall Fair an August; a tradition since 1910. In addition, there’s the Rock Creek Fall Fair in September.
Here are our Top Winter Experiences