Take part in our top winter experiences
Come experience winter in Boundary Country. Here are some of our top winter experiences we think you’ll enjoy.
Throughout the Valley
- Snowshoe and cross country ski at Baldy Mountain on trails created for the BC Winter Games.
- Escape the crowds and ski Baldy Mountain Resort and carve the first tracks of the day.
- Ski and snowboard at Phoenix Mountain, a great place to take the family.
- Snowshoe Phoenix Mountain’s 14-km loop trail to Marshall Lake. You’ll pass a former boomtown, almost all gone now. Only a cemetery is left.
- Hop on your snowmobile and sled the snowy alpine bowls to Pass Creek east of Christina Lake. Make sure you bundle up for the climb to the Paulson Summit.
- Grab your toboggan and zoom down one of our several Boundary toboggan runs.
- Take in a Border Bruins hockey game in Grand Forks.
- Join a game of pick up hockey in Midway or Grand Forks.
- Drill a hole and drop your line through the ice for some great ice fishing.
- Take part in the Family Day Ice Fishing Derby at Wilgress Lake.
- Throw some stones and hurry hard in Midway and Grand Forks.
- Ski and snowboard awesome deep powder runs at Big White.
- Take in one of Big White’s many winter events from family events, festivals, and competitions, to food and beverage events.
- Strap on your skates and enjoy the Olympic size outdoor rink at Big White.
- Go mushing through the snow with a dog sled team in Big White’s back country.
- Grab your ice pick and strap on your crampons and climb a 60’ ice tower at Big White.
- Kids can zip around on a snowmobile track made just for them up at Big White.
- Hop on a tube and zip down the slopes at Happy Valley Adventure Centre at Big White.
- Take a guided snowshoe tour of Big White’s back country.
- Bring the whole family on a guided snowmobile adventure. Choose from gentle to advanced powder riding.
- Take a horse drawn sleigh ride through the winter wonderland of Big White’s back country.
- If you’ve never tried heli-skiing, now’s the time! Try private heli-skiing at Big White
- You love the trails in the warmer months, now try them in the winter on a fat bike. Two trails at Big White are now designated for fat biking.
- Think winter and think wine tour! Big White offers wine tours from the mountain to the tasting rooms below.
Here are our Top Summer Experiences